Welcome!

Hello all! Welcome to Millerstyle Movie Review. What is Millerstyle Movie Review? It's a spot where I write my 2 cents on the latest movie I've watched.

Who am I? I am a huge movie geek! Whenever I finish watching a movie i dive into it. I search trivia and find FAQs on it so I can obtain as many details I can. Then I love to share the useless knowledge I've acquired with anyone who likes to listen. My family, friends, and co-workers seem to enjoy listening to me jabber endlessly on the subject and sometimes even come to me for recommendations. They also encouraged me to create this blog so I can share with the masses. I hope you find my reviews useful and humorous.

Please note: These are just my opinions, please take them or leave them. I have no formal education on the subject and this is just my amateur approach.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Blind Side

We all know it's based on a true story. We all know that Sandra won an Oscar for it. We all know it's about a football player. Does it hold up as entertainment? Or is it just another sappy tearjerker? In my very own opinion the answer is yes. It's both!


The story is told very well. It starts with Sandra's character narrating the origin of the newly adopted left tackle strategy. Putting a big heavy guy on the left side to protect the right handed quarterback's blind side. Hence the title.

The movie tells the story of an under privileged kid that's unbelievable huge and has a lot of athletic potential. He's lucky enough to get close to an accepting family. They not only take him in after being homeless, but they adopt him and make him a real member of the family.

It's a very heartwarming movie that I think everyone should take the time to check out. Everyone likes an under dog type story. This movie takes that concept and elevates it to Oscar caliber. This was an AWESOME flick. Put it on and grab the tissue box!

1 comment: