Welcome!

Hello all! Welcome to Millerstyle Movie Review. What is Millerstyle Movie Review? It's a spot where I write my 2 cents on the latest movie I've watched.

Who am I? I am a huge movie geek! Whenever I finish watching a movie i dive into it. I search trivia and find FAQs on it so I can obtain as many details I can. Then I love to share the useless knowledge I've acquired with anyone who likes to listen. My family, friends, and co-workers seem to enjoy listening to me jabber endlessly on the subject and sometimes even come to me for recommendations. They also encouraged me to create this blog so I can share with the masses. I hope you find my reviews useful and humorous.

Please note: These are just my opinions, please take them or leave them. I have no formal education on the subject and this is just my amateur approach.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Wolfman

When I was growing up my older brother and I watched the original 1940's "The Wolfman" a couple hundred times.  Not sure why because it was the 80's and we had a number of much better werewolf movies to choose from.  I think it was the simplicity that we liked.  So you better believe that when I heard it was being remade I was excited/mortified.  I worry whenever I hear an old favorites is being remade.

So they kept the general story line intact.  It's set in a much earlier time period than the original, but you get the same feel.  I like the choice of actors, and the story keeps moving at a good pace.  In this movie they take care to make sure he only turns on a full moon.  Not at will like so many other flicks.  They did of course have to one up the original with the amount of deaths, and the scene of him turning in the middle of a medical lecture was a cherry on top.  Still I in general thought it was missing something.  I can't really put my finger on it.  I think it has to do with the fact that werewolf movies have been hashed and rehashed so much that it just doesn't wow the audience anymore.

After all the delay to finally get to see this movie it was still kind of just WORTH SEEING in my opinion.  My favorite werewolf movie is still "American Werewolf in London".  Check this one out though, and let me know how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment