Welcome!

Hello all! Welcome to Millerstyle Movie Review. What is Millerstyle Movie Review? It's a spot where I write my 2 cents on the latest movie I've watched.

Who am I? I am a huge movie geek! Whenever I finish watching a movie i dive into it. I search trivia and find FAQs on it so I can obtain as many details I can. Then I love to share the useless knowledge I've acquired with anyone who likes to listen. My family, friends, and co-workers seem to enjoy listening to me jabber endlessly on the subject and sometimes even come to me for recommendations. They also encouraged me to create this blog so I can share with the masses. I hope you find my reviews useful and humorous.

Please note: These are just my opinions, please take them or leave them. I have no formal education on the subject and this is just my amateur approach.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Dolan's Cadillac

When I was in my senior year of High School I had a mean English teacher.  She made us do a book report every month.  I don't read!  I don't like it, and it takes me too long.  To get around this I went out and bought Stephen King's "Nightmares and Dreamscapes".  It's a collection of short stories.  So instead of reading a book a month I just read a story out of there.  It worked and I barely passed English 12.  Anyways in that book was a very good story about revenge.  It was called "Dolan's Cadillac".  I always liked it.  So I figured the movie would be worth a watch.  I was almost right.

The most this movie has going for it is a kick ass name like King's.  The second name as well as front man star Christian Slater is almost a deterrent for me, as this guy has put out absolute crap this entire decade.  Anyways, I gave the movie a shot.  I now know what everyone means when they say "The book was so much better." as this didn't hold a candle to the story.  I don't understand why they didn't plot out his script the way it was written in the book.

The movie is about a man who's wife is killed by a mafia boss scumbag type named Dolan.  After her demise the hubby starts to stalk Dolan until he learns his routine down to a T, and then traps him in his Cadillac.  It was a crude conversion from paper to film.  That said you may want to WAIT FOR CABLE!  Could have been so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment