Welcome!

Hello all! Welcome to Millerstyle Movie Review. What is Millerstyle Movie Review? It's a spot where I write my 2 cents on the latest movie I've watched.

Who am I? I am a huge movie geek! Whenever I finish watching a movie i dive into it. I search trivia and find FAQs on it so I can obtain as many details I can. Then I love to share the useless knowledge I've acquired with anyone who likes to listen. My family, friends, and co-workers seem to enjoy listening to me jabber endlessly on the subject and sometimes even come to me for recommendations. They also encouraged me to create this blog so I can share with the masses. I hope you find my reviews useful and humorous.

Please note: These are just my opinions, please take them or leave them. I have no formal education on the subject and this is just my amateur approach.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Road

I was really excited about this one. I, for one, love post apocalyptic movies. "The Road Warrior" remains one of my favs and I also really liked "The Book of Eli". They're always an excuse to do some really fun things in a movie. Like random chases and struggles to find something we put little value on like gas or wet wipes.


"The Road" however is kind of a different animal. It puts you with this father/son team with only a little back story and few to no answers. This move brings a gritty, real, and unbelievably depressing look as to how life would really be if society really fell. It is wonderfully acted, directed, and executed. I just can't get past how awful it made me feel. I was so depressed I wanted to stockpile dry food, bottled water, and a boat load of ammunition!

I really like Viggo Mortenson as an actor.  If you do aswell, then you'll see his range and skill in this one.  On the poster to the right you will also see the names of 3 other A listers.  Robert Duvall, Guy Pearce, and Charlize Theron.  While these are 3 wonderful and heavy names to add to any movie don't be fooled.  As the three of them split up about 8 minutes of screen time.  It's just Viggo, his son, and the viewer for the majority of the picture. 

If you want to see a action packed end of the world type movie, look elsewhere. If you want to see the "Schindler's List" of post apocalyptic movies, then check it out. I'm giving it my AWESOME rating as it is a great movie. Just be sure to put the suicide hotline on speed dial when you watch it.  Very powerful stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the movie was crap. A real dumper that I just kept watching hoping it would improve but sadly it never did until the credits.

    ReplyDelete